You Deserve Justice REACH OUT TODAY

Slip & Fall Attorneys in Washington & Idaho

What to Do if You Suffer a Slip and Fall Injury on Someone Else's Property

The law is simple: people are responsible for maintaining their premises. If you were injured on someone else's property, you may be entitled to recover monetary damages from the property owner. Liability in these cases often has more to do with common sense than anything else. But because both Washington and Idaho have either a pure or modified comparative fault rule, the injured person can be found to be partly at fault for his or her injury. This may limit the amount you can recover, based upon what percentage of the fault belongs to you. This is why you need an experienced slip & fall attorney who can evaluate your claim and get you the highest compensation available.

For an owner to be legally responsible for injuries you may have suffered in a slip and fall, one of the following must be true:

  1. The owner must have caused or allowed a dangerous condition to occur;

  2. The owner must have known of the danger and done nothing to fix it; or

  3. The owner should have known about the dangerous surface because a "reasonable" person would have discovered and removed it or repaired it.

Hold negligent property owners accountable for the injuries they cause. Contact us to learn how we can help you do so.

These are some facts that may help determine the "reasonableness" of the property owner's actions:

  • If you tripped over a torn, broken, or bulging area of carpet, floor, or ground, or slipped on a wet or loose area, had the dangerous spot been there long enough that the owner should have known about it?

  • Does the property owner have a regular procedure for examining and cleaning or repairing the premises?

  • Could a simple barrier have been placed or a warning been given to prevent people from slipping or tripping?

  • Did poor or broken lighting contribute to the accident?

There is a three-year statute of limitations for Slip & Fall accidents in Washington and Idaho. If you do not file your claim within three years, you may be barred from ever filing suit. Our skilled staff of Seattle Personal Injury lawyers can help you file the important initial claims that get your legal claim started and then will work with you to try and get you the maximum recovery allowed by law. Contact Perez & Perez Law PLLC today for your free consultation.

We proudly serve and represent clients throughout the State of Washington, including: King County, Snohomish County, Pierce County, Thurston County, Kittitas County, Island County, and Spokane County. We proudly serve and represent clients in North Idaho, including: Kootenai County, Bonner County, Benewah County, Boundary County, Shoshone County, and Latah County.