Call Us Today! (425) 748-5005

What should I do if I miss a Court Date?

Back to FAQ page

If you know you're going to be late, call your lawyer, not the court. If you've already missed the date you'll probably have an outstanding bench warrant for your arrest. It's possible to get the warrant quashed with the help of a lawyer. Otherwise you're at risk of being pulled over for a traffic violation and going to jail as a result. Don't let this happen, be vigilant about making court appearances. Get there early and bring a book. Anytime you go to court it's likely that you'll be doing a lot of waiting around.

You can be charged with additional crimes for failing to appear in court. Even missing one appearance can result in a new criminal charge called "Bail Jumping", even if you beat the charge that brought you into court in the first place! Don't let that happen to you, consult with a lawyer as soon as you can after missing a court date.

For more information regarding your question, contact a criminal defense lawyer at Perez & Perez Law, PLLC.

The Lawyers Doctors Choose

We have earned the respect of the local legal community through our unending willingness to stand up for justice.

  • Perfect Avvo Rating Of 10.0
  • We return calls & emails – strong communication
  • Over 45 years of combined legal experience
  • Experienced jury trial lawyers
  • It's in our DNA to fight to win. Justice runs in our family
  • The lawyers professionals choose

Perez & Perez Law, PLLC BBB Business Review