CALL A CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER TODAY
As soon as you are aware of any type of criminal investigation against you or a loved one, you need to take immediate action. There are specific steps that must be taken before formal charges are filed against you, and early intervention by a criminal defense attorney may help you avoid an arrest and charges in the first place. By conducting a pre-charge investigation, Perez & Perez Law, PLLC can protect your rights at the very beginning to help you avoid the extreme and lasting consequences of formal charges and a criminal conviction. Some lawyers will tell you "Wait till you've been charged, I can't do anything until that happens". WRONG! And very bad advice. Getting pro-active means having a chance to avoid being charged at all.
It is never too early to involve an attorney. Call (425) 748-5005 for a free case evaluation and more information about our pre-charge representation.
AVOIDING CRIMINAL CHARGES WITH PRE-CHARGE REPRESENTATION
There are typically three hurdles that must be crossed before an investigation or informal accusation turns into a criminal charge and proceeds to court:
- The alleged victim (reporting party) decides whether to make a complaint to the police, whether by calling 911 or by calling or visiting the local police department.
- The police investigate the complaint and decide whether to refer the case to the prosecutor.
- The prosecutor reviews police reports and decides whether to file criminal charges.
In each these three steps, a party has a decision to make. There is an opportunity at each of these phases to handle the matter before it can progress any further. Our Bellevue criminal defense lawyers understand what it takes to deal with an alleged victim, law enforcement, and prosecuting attorneys to protect our clients' interests.
We know how to approach these matters in legal, ethical ways. We know how to:
- Settle the matter with an alleged victim before he or she reports it to the police.
- Contact the police to persuade them not to refer the matter to the prosecutor.
- Contact the prosecutor and work with them to persuade them not to file formal charges.
As seasoned criminal defense lawyers, we know how to effectively negotiate with alleged victims, law enforcement personnel, and prosecutors based on facts, persuasion, and reason. When you work with a criminal lawyer at Perez & Perez Law, PLLC you will find that our pre-charge representation leaves nothing to chance.
Contact Us at (425) 748-5005 today!